The Anatomy of a Media Pitch
There is nothing more satisfying to a public relations professional than an editor saying “yes!” to their pitch. But garnering that approval from an editor is a challenge that even the most seasoned PR pros face. Knowing how to write a successful pitch takes a lifetime of learning.
While there is no perfect formula for success, we’ve developed an approach to pitching, with shared media pitch examples, that PR pros can use to increase the probability of getting positive responses from editors.
- The Subject Line: Tips for making a first impression
- The Greeting: Personalizing your approach
- The Hook: You have mere seconds to get an editor’s attention
- The Angle: Focus on significance to stand out
- The Call-to-Action: Including key related information
- Tips for a Strong Pitch
- The Nuances of Following Up
- Nailing the Phone Pitch, and much more!
This approach is based on the premise that a pitch is like the human body; each part works in concert to keep things moving forward. Our e-book delves deep into the anatomy of the pitch, providing strategies and sample media pitches from which you can build a more effective public relations and media strategy.
To discover opportunities for pitching your company, product or expertise to the media, contact us.